Effective date: November 15, 2018
The purpose of this Policy is to safeguard information belonging to TechLifeTravel.com within a secure environment.
This Policy informs TechLifeTravel.com staff and other individuals entitled to use TechLifeTravel.com facilities, of the principles governing the holding, use and disposal of information.
It is the goal of TechLifeTravel.com that:
- Information will be protected against unauthorized access or misuse.
- Confidentiality of information will be secured.
- Integrity of information will be maintained.
- Availability of information / information systems is maintained for service delivery.
- Business continuity planning processes will be maintained.
- Regulatory, contractual and legal requirements will be complied with.
- Physical, logical, environmental and communications security will be maintained.
- Infringement of this Policy may result in disciplinary action or criminal prosecution.
- When information is no longer of use, it is disposed of in a suitable manner.
Information relates to:
- Electronic information systems (software, computers, and peripherals) owned by TechLifeTravel.com whether deployed or accessed on or off site.
- TechLifeTravel.com computer network used either directly or indirectly.
- Hardware, software and data owned by TechLifeTravel.com.
- Paper-based materials.
- Electronic recording devices (video, audio, CCTV systems).
TechLifeTravel.com requires all users to exercise a duty of care in relation to the operation and use of its information systems.
Authorized users of information systems with the exception of information published for public consumption, all users of TechLifeTravel.com information systems must be formally authorized by appointment as a member of staff or contractor.
Authorized users will pay due care and attention to protect TechLifeTravel.com information in their personal possession. Confidential, personal or private information must not be copied or transported without consideration of:
- Permission of the information owner
- The risks associated with loss or falling into the wrong hands
- How the information will be secured during transport and at its destination.
Acceptable use of information systems use of TechLifeTravel.com information systems by authorized users will be lawful, honest and decent and shall have regard to the rights and sensitivities of other people.
TechLifeTravel.com Information System Directors who are responsible for information systems are required to ensure that:
- Systems are adequately protected from unauthorized access.
- Systems are secured against theft and damage to a level that is cost-effective.
- Adequate steps are taken to ensure the availability of the information system, commensurate with its importance (Business Continuity).
- Electronic data can be recovered in the event of loss of the primary source. I.e. failure or loss of a computer system. It is incumbent on all system owners to backup data and to be able to restore data to a level commensurate with its importance (Disaster Recovery).
- Data is maintained with a high degree of accuracy.
- Systems are used for their intended purpose and that procedures are in place to rectify discovered or notified misuse.
- Any electronic access logs are only retained for a justifiable period to ensure compliance with the data protection, investigatory powers and freedom of information acts.
- Any third parties entrusted with TechLifeTravel.com data understand their responsibilities with respect to maintaining its security.
Authorized users of information systems are not given rights of privacy in relation to their use of TechLifeTravel.com information systems. Duly authorized officers of TechLifeTravel.com may access or monitor personal data contained in any TechLifeTravel.com information system (mailboxes, web access logs, file-store etc).
Individuals in breach of this policy are subject to disciplinary procedures at the instigation of the Directors with responsibility for the relevant information system, including referral to the Police where appropriate.
TechLifeTravel.com will take legal action to ensure that its information systems are not used by unauthorized persons.